MEDIA PARTNER PRESS RELEASES
LightingTech Egypt: A step forward towards a smart and sustainable city, Cairo, Egypt
Cairo (September 26, 2016)
Cairo (September 26, 2016) – In the presence of senior representatives from several government-backed entities in Egypt, Advanced Conferences & Meetings (ACM) proudly launched the 2nd annual LightingTech Egypt conference today at Dusit Thani Lakeview, Cairo, Egypt.
LightingTech Egypt brought together senior representatives from government ministries, lighting designers, engineering contractors and developers to discuss the latest smart, sustainable and cost-effective solutions for Egypt's developing public realm.
The conference started with a welcoming note from the chairman Prof. Wael Abdelmoez from Minia University followed by a keynote speech by Dr. Hend Farouh detailing the updates on energy saving initiatives by the New Urban Communities Authority.
The Ministry of Tourism’s representative Dr. Elham Fouda detailed a presentation about the “Green Tourism” agenda whilst Tarek Sultan detailed the strategies for illuminating highways using high mast lighting solutions. Dr. Salwa Ali delivered a presentation on EEHC (Egyptian Electricity Holding Company) Pilot Project.
“Very informative! This event created the perfect platform to share new ideas and provided the opportunity to network with the industry experts” – Assistant Landscape Design Director, Emaar
“Highly recommended. This event provided the chance to network with professionals from the industry and to learn more about new technologies” – Senior Architect, CPAS
Day one of the conference ended with a workshop hosted by RUUD Lighting/CREE. The workshop was divided into two parts, the first part discussed the illumination of multilevel parking structures with LED luminaires whilst the second part detailed the traffic tunnels daytime lighting with LED Luminaires.
The first day of LightingTech Egypt conference created the perfect platform for the attendees to build relations, exchange ideas and seize business opportunities throughout the ACMi+ interface that allowed for many networking breaks which created a dynamic, efficient and relevant learning environment.
“Excellent! Great line up of speakers” – First Engineer, Petroleum Air Services
Many key players participated in this event, to name a few: Ministry of Tourism, New Urban Communities Authority, Egyptian Electricity Holding Company, EE-Consulting, Turner Construction - International LLC, Emaar Misr for Development, UNDP-GEF Lighting & Appliance Efficiency Improvement Project, Sites International, Redcon Development and Minia University.
Solution providers like Three Brothers, Ruud Lighting/CREE, Al Babtain Leblanc Egypt for Telecom Engineering and NIKKON showcased their newest technologies and solutions for lighting.
Day two (September 26) of the conference will feature many more interesting presentations, to name a few: An update on the Lighting and Appliance Energy Efficiency Improvement Project, LED versus High Pressure Sodium Lamps (HPS), a panel discussion on how can the Egyptian lighting manufacturing industry meet the specifications for Egypt’s developing landscape.
For more information, please visit: www.lightingtechegypt.com or contact Jessica Bou Samra on Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Advanced Conferences & Meetings is a premium business-to-business conference company focused on the requirements of the MENA region. Its events are highly tailored networking and learning opportunities, bringing senior decision makers together and providing up-to-the-minute information on industry trends, government initiatives, technological advances and developments in regulation. As such, they act not only as extremely effective tools for gaining business advantage, but also as high level platforms for change in the industries they serve.
MORE PRESS RELEASES
MEDIA PARTNER EVENTS
2nd annual LightingTech Egypt, Cairo, Egypt.
26-27 September 2016 in Cairo, Egypt.
LightingTech Egypt conference will gather key government officials, lighting industry experts, construction professionals and solution providers to discuss the latest developments in Egypt’s adoption of LED and solar lighting technologies, new projects, standards and technical specifications, and the requirements for the lighting industry to achieve energy efficiency in Egypt.
This conference will include insights on the implementation roadmap since 2015, as well as upcoming opportunities for energy efficient lighting installations across government buildings, municipalities and hotels. The conference will also discuss the challenges, latest technology advancements, partnership requirements and market entry strategies.
• Dr. Hend Farouh, Executive Director of the Central Unit for Sustainable Cities and Renewable Energy, New Urban Communities Authority
• Dr. Salwa Ali, General Manager Energy Conservation, Egyptian Electricity Holding Company
• Emad Hassan, Minister’s Energy Advisor, Ministry of Tourism
• Hesham L. Bassiouny, Senior Design Manager - Development Department, Citygate, Qatari Diar
• Marwa Ismail, Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Dar Al Handasah
• Salah El Bayoumi, MEP Manager, Turner Construction - International LLC
• Heba El-Dessouky, Head of Interior Design - Development Department, Emaar Misr for Development
• Mohammed Abdel Gawad-Khaled, Landscape Architect, Sites International
• Mohammed El Haggar, Sustainability Manager, Redcon Development
• Dr. Ibrahim Yassin, Managing Director, UNDP-GEF Lighting & Appliance Efficiency Improvement Project
• Tarek Zaref, MEP and Lighting Solutions, Independent Lighting Consultant
• Dr. Kamelia Mohamed Youssef, Consultant for Lighting Components, UNDP-GEF Lighting and Appliance Efficiency Improvement Project
• Hany Ebaid, Electrical Head Section, Khatib and Alami
• Eng. Hossam Hamdy, Head of Electrical, EHAF Consulting Engineers
• Mohamed Adel, Head of Urban and Landscape Department, Dar Al Mimar Architects
• Dr. Salah El Haggar, Chairman of Mechanical Engineering Department, The American University in Cairo
• Eng. Thomas D. Baenziger, Founder and CEO, EE-Consulting AG